Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Final Reflection

As time flies away, we are now at the end of semester. This is a fulfilling semester and I have learned a lot from this module –ES2007S Professional Communication. This is a good time for a reflection.

I can still remember the time when I first stepped into the classroom, I felt both excited and nervous when I met all of you. And when we took photos together at the end of last session, I felt after one semester, we are all friends. I think this is the most precious thing I have taken from this module.

This is the first time I tried blogging, personally I do not really like it but I must admit this is a good platform to communicate with each other. By reading each other’s blog, we understand each other more. In addition, some posts are really excellent; they give me some hints on how to express myself effectively by writing. By commenting each other’s blog, we actually established a form of communication which allows us to discuss things in depth.

I believe that my communication skills have improved after one semester of training. Although I will still be nervous when talking in front of people, I can feel that my confidence level has already risen. During the semester I also learned that proper ways of using verbal language like emphasis to better express myself.

During this semester I also learned many life skills like how to write a good application letter and resume, how to express myself during interview. One very important point I have gotten is that we cannot ignore small things. For example, as first I don’t think the paper used printing application letter is a matter, now I am convinced that these kinds of small things will left an expression of you on other people. To take notes of these small things can make you stand out.

Of course things I have learned from this module are much more than what I wrote here. Although this is a very heavy module, I can say I achieved more.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chen Yan!

    I still remember how we were talking about how the last few weeks were going to fly by and we would be done with this module! The workload might have been heavy, but I do agree with you that we have learnt many life skills. :)

    All the best for your future endeavours dear!

    -Doris (dorislin88.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chen Yan!
    Sorry for the late comment (I totally forgot about it) I agree that this module indeed has taught us many life skills such as resume writing and presentation skills. I remembered borrowing books on resume writing in the past when I wanted to applied for temporary jobs after A'levels and find myself at a total loss!

    I am also glad to have you as my team mate for the research project, which made the experience more enjoyable:) All the best for your exams and lets have an outing after exams:)

    ReplyDelete